Thursday, October 4, 2007

Monotreme Madness for the Kiddies.

As your source for all things Ornithorynchus-y, I would be remiss to leave out all the platypus reading fun available for "crumb crunchers". I used to work at a library with an awesome kid's section, where I was introduced to these great titles (click on the links to check them out on Amazon.com):
A Platypus, Probably, by Collard B. Sneed

Because, seriously, what could be better than an epic poem about the platypus? Also, "a platypus, probably." is a great multi-purpose response to basically any statement or question. Example: Room mate: "Who drank my beer??" You: "A platypus, probably."




Platypus and the Lucky Day, and Platypus and the Birthday Party
both by Chris Riddell

I have read both of these books out loud to a 3 year old, and she loved them. Ok let's face it, I loved them too. In Birthday Party, Platypus celebrates the birthday of his friend (yes!) Echidna. Genius!! Also note that I happen to own the lovely plush platypus toy that Amazon recommends purchasing with the Lucky Day book.

A Purloined Purple Plush Platypus Purchased Provides Plentifully Pleasurable Playing.

No comments: